Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Fake Christmas Tree







Every year we buy a real Christmas Tree. This year, however, I decided that we needed a skinny tree that would fit in our crowded home a little better. I handed John his tape measure and sent him and the kids off to find a tree just the right size. Hours later they came back with no tree. So I bought the fake tree. When the kids found out they were very unhappy. Anjani was devastated. She informed me in a very angry voice that she would not hang any of her ornaments on a fake tree. She would not be looking at that tree and none of her presents would be placed under a fake tree. Her story changed as the decorating began and of course her gifts will be placed right under that tree!

11 comments:

The Fife's said...

I have been trying to convince brandon of buying a fake one each year, but he will have nothing to do with that!

Stacy said...

I finally broke down and bought a fake one this year too.

pepper said...

your tree looks beautiful as does your family

The Mapuche's Mom said...

Fake or real....your trees always look better than anyone elses. :)

Jules said...

Your tree looks fantastic. Much better than my fake tree!

Brooke said...

I love the pictures of the kids--so cute! Your tree was even prettier in person!

Mark and Kandice said...

Hi Paige I work with John at Costco. Your tree is very pretty. I pulled the bottom branches up to water our tree and spilled water all over, so I then carefully cut the branches towards the bottom and got pine needles everywhere. I am now thinking the fake tree would have been the less messy route. That is so funny about your daughter not accepting the fake one. :)

melissa said...

even if it is fake, it looks gorgeous! i need you to come decorate my tree! you always did have a knack for that sort of thing! the only thing prettier are all of those gorgeous children!

Eardley Family said...

I love your tree!! I wish mine was that beautiful! Also I could not believe how old Bitsy is. Your California pictures were really cute. Maybe sometime you could comment on where you live. I don't know if you are still in the city...

Sunee

PS Cute Kids!

Janan said...

Adorable pics, sadly we have also joined the ranks of fake trees. sad, sad.

Michelle said...

I really like your tree, it's just beautiful and it looks like it fits just right!
We typicly set up a fake tree each year but this year with our 4 month "Matthew Chubkin" ha ha I knew I wouldn't have time to do it. I thought it would be neat to have one though because I thought he'd really like the lights. We were really excited when my sister-in-law just up and gave us her fake Christmas tree. She only had it for one year. What's great is that it's the pre-lit type and it assembles in just three steps! Matthew loves the lights! :)